The main goals of Caps Can Do® remain the same:
- To help eliminate #5 plastic from the waste stream
- To educate the public on the harm littered plastic caps can do to wildlife
- To help turn recycled plastic into useful products & increase recycling rates
The Caps Can Do® program focuses on plastic cap recycling
Caps Can Do® has recently shifted focus to follow industry trends. We encourage individuals to recycle plastic caps using the “caps on” method whenever it is available. We will continue to serve as a resource for individuals who do not have access to a “caps on” program in their area.
To find out if ‘caps on’ is available where you live, please contact your local municipal recycler or visit earth911.com to find a recycling center near you
“Caps On” as easy as 1,2,3!
1. Empty the bottle, remove the lid
2. Squeeze out air, put the cap back on
3. Toss the whole thing in the bin